Olianas Cannonau di Sardegna 2016

Olianas_Cannonau_BottleShot.png
Olianas_Cannonau_BottleShot.png

Olianas Cannonau di Sardegna 2016

19.00

Winemaker Notes: An explosion of small berries with hints of dark chocolate and tobacco. The palate shows silky tannins and good concentration and is well balanced with pleasant acidity.

Quantity:
Add To Cart

Appellation Cannonau di Sardegna DOC Grape

Varietals Cannonau 95%, Tintillu 5%

Extension & Number of Bottles 12 hectares - 60,000 bottles

Exposure South/West Type of Soil The Sedda Sa Figu vineyard has sandy soils that lend elegance and freshness to the wine. The Anfiteatro vineyard is composed of clay soils in a valley exposed to the southern sun and light winds: this adds complexity and structure. Year of Planting 2002 - 2005 Density 5600 stocks per hectare Pruning System Guyot and low spur pruned cordon Yield About 1.5 kg of grapes per vine Harvest By hand, in boxes

Vinification After de-stemming the grapes are genteelly pressed. 30% of the must is then moved into 1000Hl buried amphorae, where maceration on skins takes place for 20-25 days. The remaining 70% ferments in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Biointegrale maceration occurs with native yeasts. Aging In second and third use French oak barrels for 8 months.

Vintage 2016

Alcohol 14.0%

Tasting Notes An explosion of small berries with hints of dark chocolate and tobacco. The palate shows silky tannins and good concentration and is well balanced with pleasant acidity.

Pairings Its round body and freshness matches well with a variety of foods, from starters to steak.

Serving Temperature 16˚C/60˚F in summer 18˚C/64˚F in winter

Aging Potential It shows at its best, within 5 years from harvest.